Google has officially announced today the new Google Nexus 6 by Motorola, together with the Google Nexus 9 tablet by HTC, all powered by the latest Android OS – the Android 5.0 Lollipop!
The Google Nexus 6 is equipped with a super crisp 6-inch Quad HD display at 493 PPI pixel density protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 scratch and impact resistant coating. Powering the device is a 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 805 processor, Adreno 420 graphics with 3 GB of memory. It’s a 4G LTE-capable smartphone and the very first phone to ship with the latest stock Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box.
Google Motorola Nexus 6
This year’s Google Nexus 6 is manufactured by Motorola which also explains its close resemblance (in terms of design) with the company’s latest flagship device – the Motorola Moto X, but with few minor improvements. The Nexus 6 has a 13 megapixels back camera with optical image stabilization and a large battery capacity of 3,220 mAh which supports wireless changing and turbo charging features of 15 minutes equivalent to 6 hours of battery life.
Although the overall specs looks very promising, majority of impressions for this new Nexus phone is that screen size is just too big on the hands. In comparison, it is even bigger than the humungous iPhone 6 Plus’ 5.5-inch screen. But for those who want a perfect phone-tablet hybrid, then the Nexus 6 size can be a great option.
Google Motorola Nexus 6 Official Specs
- 2.7 GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor
- 5.96-inch QHD AMOLED display (1440 x 2560 pixels @ 493 ppi)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protected screen
- Adreno 420 GPU (graphics processor)
- 3 GB of RAM
- 32/64 GB Internal Storage (non-expandable)
- 13 MP autofocus rear-facing camera w/ OIS and Dual LED flash
- 2 MP front-facing camera
- Single Nano SIM card slot
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+
- Wifi (dual-band) / Bluetooth 4.0 & A2DP / GPS with A-GPRS / GLONASS / NFC
- Accelerometer / Gyro / Proximity / Barometer / Light sensors
- USB-OTG support
- 159.3 x 83 x 10.1 mm @ 184 grams
- 3,220 mAh Li-Po battery (non-removable)
- Android 5.0 Lollipop OS
- Colors: Midnight Blue, Cloud White
The official Google Nexus 6 price is set to $649 or approximately ₱29,000 pesos here in the Philippines. It is definitely a premium phone which is double the price compared to last year Google LG Nexus 5 price at $350. It’ll be released first in the US by end of this month, October 2014.
No details yet were given for international release dates but we should expect it to be available in different online stores and in the grey market sometime in November or early December.
So what do you think about the Google Nexus 6 by Motorola? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.