To such disappointment, Apple has only added a few minor upgrades on the Mini 3 unlike the Air 2. Even during keynote presentation, the iPad Mini 3 has only gotten about a minute or so of spotlight as much attention were given to the introduction of the iPad Air 2 and live demo of the new Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
Apple iPad Mini 3
The new iPad Mini 3 hasn’t gotten much love from Apple this year, at least during its official announcement. Nevertheless, the iPad Mini 3 is still a good tablet which offers great portability and super performance.
The Mini 3 still sports the same 7.9-inch retina display of the Mini 2 as well as the Apple A7 chip processor inside. The back and front camera shooters are retained at 5 megapixels and 1.2 megapixels respectively.
So what changed? The iPad Mini 3 now comes with 128 GB storage option for heavy storage users and an addition Champagne Gold color option same with the iPhone lineup. Apple has also added the familiar TouchID fingerprint sensor to the Mini 3 which will be used to support the new Apple Pay wireless payment feature via NFC. And ofcourse, it runs the latest version of Apple’s mobile OS – the iOS 8.1.
iPad Mini 3 official specs
- 7.9-inch IPS LCD Retina Display (1536 x 2048 resolution @ 324 ppi)
- Apple A7 64-bit Chipset
- 1.3 GHz Dual-Core Cyclone CPU
- PowerVR G6430 Quad-Core GPU
- 1 GB of RAM
- 16GB / 64GB / 128GB Internal Storage (non-expandable)
- 5.0 MP Autofocus iSight Camera (w/o LED flash)
- 1.2 Megapixel Facetime front camera
- Single Nano SIM (for Cellular version only)
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+ connectivity (for Cellular version only)
- Wi-Fi (dual band) / Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP / GPS with A-GPS / GLONASS
- TouchID Fingerprint Sensor, Apple Pay
- Accelerometer / Gyro / Barometer / Proximity / Ambient Light Sensors
- 6,470 mAh Li-Po battery (non-removable)
- 200 x 134.7 x 7.5 mm @ 331 grams
- iOS 8.1
- Colors: Space Gray, Silver, Champagne Gold
The iPad Mini 3 price will start at $399, $499, $599 for the 16GB, 64GB and 128GB Wi-Fi versions respectively. For the Wifi + Cellular versions, price starts at $529, $629 and $729 for the same storage range.
Moreover, older iPad Mini models such as the original iPad Mini and the iPad Mini 2 got its respective price cuts with the Mini 2 now starting at $299 ($100 less than the original price) and the Mini 1 for only $249.
As for the international release, no words were given yet but we can expect it to arrive here in the Philippines on or before Christmas together with the iPad Air 2.
So what do you think about the new Apple iPad Mini 3? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment below. Be sure to also subscribe to this blog or ‘Like’ our official Facebook page to get the latest tech news and updates straight from us.