Western Digital has just announced this week the availability of their newest premium RAID storage – the My Book Duo. Unlike any other storage solution in the market, the WD My Book Duo uses two (2) physical drives inside it (hardware-level RAID and USB 3.0) to deliver massive capacity and super-fast file transfer speeds.
From the looks of it, this newest RAID storage from WD is definitely among the top of its class. With its dual-drive design, the My Book Duo promises superior performance by offering faster transfer speeds (up to 290 MB/s), reduce data bottlenecks, and prevent data loss using RAID 1 mirror mode.
Backup process for both local and cloud-based files (Dropbox) is also quick and easy with the use of its built-in WD SmartWare Pro software. In addition, My Book Duo also has a 256-bit AES hardware encryption and password protection to provide ultimate hardware and software security.
WD My Book Duo features
- Interface: USB 3.0 (x3)
- Drives on board: WD Red hard drives
- Available capacities: 4 TB, 6 TB, 8 TB and 12 TB
- Data management: RAID 0, RAID 1, JBOD; independent CPU for RAID volume management
- Security: Hardware RAID, Hardware Encryption, Password Protection
- Compatibility: NTFS (default) + Reformat to HFS + J for Mac
- Software: WD SmartWare™ Pro, Dropbox™ cloud integration, Acronis True Image Software WD Edition, WD Security™, WD Drive Utilities
- Limited Warranty: 3-Year regional warranty (see support.wdc.com for terms and conditions)
Price and Availability
The WD My Book Duo will be available in selected retailers within the country and will have a
two-year three-year limited regional warranty. Also, pricing (SRP) will vary depending on the capacity as shown below:
- 4 TB – Php 13,990
- 6 TB – Php 16,990
- 8 TB – Php 22,990
- 12 TB – Php 31,990
Be sure to check this blog regularly for more product updates and mobile reviews.