Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 LTE is now official! This second generation of the Samsung Mega line-up showcases both strengths of its predecessors (Mega 5.8 and 6.3) plus a few improvements like LTE and Android Kitkat OS. Check out the Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 full specs below.
The Galaxy Mega 2 is a 6.0-inch mid-range phablet running the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS. It’s powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core (probably an Exynos 4415) processor with 1.5 GB of RAM. Despite its monster screen size, the screen quality is just fine with a 720p resolution and a so so 245 pixel density. In terms of design, it has the usual squarish Samsung form factor with soft curve edges and combination of metal and plastic build material.
First spotted in Thailand and Malaysia, its expected to arrive on other countries as well in the coming months (hopefully including Philippines). But with a lot of other cheaper alternative phablet models currently offer by local phone companies like Cherry Mobile and Starmobile, it’ll be interesting to note how the Galaxy Mega 2 will compete with such stiff market driven by cheap prices.
Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 LTE full specs below:
- 1.5 GHz Quad-Core Exynos 4415 processor
- 6.0 inch capacitive touchscreen display (720 x 1280 resolution @ 245 ppi)
- Mali-400 GPU (graphics processor)
- 1.5 GB of RAM
- 16 GB Internal Storage, expandable via microSD up to 64 GB
- 8 MP rear-facing autofocus camera w/ LED flash
- 1080p video recording @ 30 fps
- 2.1 MP front-facing camera
- 3G / LTE Single SIM (Micro)
- WiFi (dual band) / Bluetooth 4.0 / GPS with A-GPS / NFC / FM Radio
- Accelerometer / Gyro / Compass / Proximity sensors
- 2,800 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS
- Colors: Cosmic Black, Blizzard White
- Dimensions: 163.6 x 84.9 x 8.6 mm
We’ll give more updates about the Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 LTE once it arrives here in the Philippines. Hopefully we can get hands-on review of this product soon.