The iOS 8, Apple’s latest mobile operating system, has finally arrived! Download now to experience the improvements and changes this new version of iOS has to offer.
iOS 8 was set to have its global release data yesterday, September 17, starting on the US then gradually to Europe and then Asia. Contrary to the approximated September 19 Philippine release, the iOS 8 update finally lands in the Philippines early morning today, September 18.
iOS 8 is Here
The newest iOS brings with it a lot of new features and performance improvements, both on design and functionality. Some of it include interactive notifications, improve Messages and Photos app, support for third-party keyboards, family sharing, and many more. Click here to read all the iOS 8 features and changes you need to know.
The iOS 8.0 update is quite big at 1.1 GB here on my iPhone 5S. It also requires at least 5.7 GB of free storage for it to be installed properly so you better clean up your iPhone or iPad first with unwanted apps and files installed on them.
How to Update?
To download iOS 8 on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, you have two (2) options:
- Option 1: Check for the update and download via OTA (over-the-air) directly from your iDevice by using a Wifi connection. Just go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- Option 2: Connect your iDevice on your PC or Mac then update via iTunes.
As a precautionary step, it is always best to make a back-up first of your iDevice before upgrading to iOS 8 to avoid any undesirable surprises.
Again, here are the list of iOS 8 compatible Apple devices:
- iPhones: iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPod Touch: iPod touch 5th generation
- iPad: iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air
- iPad Mini: iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display