Planning to own a new Samsung Galaxy S5? Building the local hype for Samsung’s newest flagship phone, Globe has just started accepting pre-orders for the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S5 which is rumoured to be officially launched here in the Philippines by April.
To give you a quick overview, this latest iteration of the Samsung Galaxy family brings in a combination of hardware upgrades (improved processor, screen, camera, battery, fingerprint & heart rate monitor sensor) and new smart features (Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS, improved S Health, dust & water resistant, Ultra Power Saving Mode, download booster, etc).
Samsung Galaxy S5 Specs
- 5.1 inches Super AMOLED display (1080 x 1920 @ 432 ppi)
- 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 801 processor
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 16/32 GB Internal Storage (expandable up to 128 GB via microSD)
- 16 MP rear camera (auto-focus & LED flash)
- 2 MP front camera @ 1080p video recording
- HSDPA / LTE
- WiFi / Bluetooth / NFC
- IP67 water & dust resistant
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Fingerprint & Heart Rate monitor scanner
- 2,800 mAh Li-Ion battery (removable)
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS
- Dimension: 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 145 grams
As for the details as to under what postpaid plans we can avail the Samsung Galaxy S5, Globe has not yet disclosed any specifics on it so we might for a little while as we get closer to the launch date. Same is also true for the prepaid package (unit only) pricing.
Make sure to sign up your interest and be among the first to own the Samsung Galaxy S5 by visiting their pre-order page here.