Great news for the millions of iOS users around the globe. In celebration of the 5 successful years of Apple App Store’s operation, a number of premium and highly popular mobile games and applications just went FREE on the App Store for a limited time only.
As the July 10th celebration draws near, we can expect more premium apps and games will be added in the list. This move is a tribute for all Apple users as well as developers who’ve helped the Apple App Store reach a significant milestone of offering over 900k iOS apps and over 5 billion app downloads since its launching 5 years ago.
You might also want to read: 10 Most Popular iPhone & iPad Games
Here’s the initial lists of free premium iOS apps and games which you can download this week:
- Badland [originally $2.99]- an award-winning atmospheric sidescrolling action adventure platformer, winner of 2013 Apple Design Award, Apple Editors’ Choice around the world.
- Infinity Blade II [originally $5.99 ] – an intense, heavy-graphic first person action game that will want you to play for more. Consistent editor’s choice from IGN, AIAS, Gamespot, etc.
- Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP [originally $4.99] – an exploratory action adventure with an emphasis on audiovisual style.
- Tiny Wings [originally $2.99] – a kiddy game with beautiful and colorful graphics, fly around like a bird and use the hills to jump, slide down, and flap your wings. Perfect game for kids.
- Where’s My Water? [originally $2.99] – a puzzle video game by Disney that’s great for kids and also for adults.
- Traktor DJ for iPad [originally $19.99] – a highly popular DJ application for iPad
- Barefoot World Atlas – an interactive 3D globe app that invites children to explore the regions and countries of the world.
- Day One – a popular diary / journaling app
- Over – an editing app for iPhone to add beautiful text and artwork to your photos
- How to Cook Everything – a cooking guide app with more than 2,000 gourmet recipes.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch now and download them for free via App Store before they expire.
Stay tune for more updates later. Don’t forget to share the good news to your fellow iOS users/friends by hitting the share buttons below.