Upgrade your Blackberry OS 5 to 6 Step by step Tutorial.
Do you want to update your Blackberry 9000, Blackberry Bold 9700, or Blackberry Curve 9300 3G from OS 5.0 to OS 6.0 but having problems upgrading your device? Here’s an easy to follow step by step tutorial on how to successful update your Blackberry device’s OS.
Before upgrading your Blackberry OS, first things first: Make sure to backup all of your phone’s files and contacts using your Blackberry Desktop Manager. Refer to your Blackberry Device Manual on how to backup your files using the BDM software. Once you’re done, you may now proceed with the following tutorial.
|Blackberry OS 5.0 to 6.0|
Step by Step Tutorial:
1. Download and install the latest version of the Blackberry Desktop Manager. You can download it on the official Blackberry Website.
2. Download and install in your PC the Blackberry OS 6 Device software. Click the link below and choose your phone carrier / service provider. For Philippine Globe, Smart, and Sun subscribers, just choose any provider from the list (It doesn’t matter which carrier’s version you use).
Now that you have the Blackberry Desktop Manager and the Blackberry Device OS installed on your PC, you are ready to update to OS 6. Instead of using the Desktop Manager to update our device’s OS, we will use the Apploader since it’s faster.
Follow these steps:
1. On your computer, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader. Look for the vendor.xml file and delete it.
2. In the same folder, look for and launch Apploader.exe (or Loader.exe). Click next on the Apploader welcome screen.
3. Pull the battery out. Plug in the USB cord to your Blackberry device and attach it to your computer.
4. The Apploader will then show your device PIN. Click next.
5. Reinsert the battery. The apploader will read your system’s configuration. Click next.
6. On the next window, the apploader will show you a list of device software/s that you can choose to install as well as apps that can be preloaded to your device. Select the ones you want to install.
*Note that this window will not show a list if the vendor.xml file has not been deleted.
7. Click next and then wait for the device to finish updating.
8. You’re Done! The upgrade usually takes up to 45 minutes to finish and another 15 minutes to reboot the device when you have completed the update. So be patient.
Let me know when you encountered issues along the way. ^_^