Have you heard of Facebook’s upcoming redesign? Yes! Facebook is going to update their design in the coming days. It seems that Facebook is rolling out its new site design to at least some people outside the company. In fact, there have been some screenshots already out in the internet showing some simple yet very significant enhancements in their design.
- The navigation bar is reorganized, and thankfully, it seems like Facebook is removing the duplicate profile link. The name and profile links didn’t make much sense to begin with.
- The search field is now next to the Facebook logo, a clear sign that the company wants search to play a major role in the future. Searches for brands, events, companies and celebrities will be more prominent.
- By combining settings and login in an all-purpose “account” dropdown, Facebook is making the overall experience cleaner.
- The sidebar is scaled down and takes a lot of cues from Facebook Lite. In fact, the new design takes inspiration from Facebook Lite in the way News Feed, Friends, Events and Photos are displayed.
- Bookmarks is a smart way for users to add links to their favorite applications, fan pages or whatever.
- Facebook IM is still firmly ensconced at the bottom right, but app quick links and notifications are gone.
Here are just some of those screenshots: