Is your wallpaper not working when setting it up?? Does your desktop only display a solid blue screen instead of a wallpaper? Doesn’t your computer allow you to change your wallpaper using the properties menu? When turning off your computer, does the blue screen disappears and restores the original wallpaper but when you turn it on again, the blue screen appears once more? If that is the case, then try this little tweak to fix the problem and get back your wallpaper!
Try check this first:
- In Display Properties>Desktop tab, click on the Customize Desktop button, go to the Web tab. Uncheck everything there, click OK and Apply. Then see if you can change the background picture.
- If the trick worked and restored your original wallpaper, then your computer has spywares lurking on it. Try removing them using SUPERAntiSpyware.Pro.v4.1.1046 or CleanDesktop. (click the links for full download).
If these things still doesn’t work, try this one:
- Run “Regedit”.
- Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\policies
- If you see a folder (key) “ActiveDesktop” select it. If not, make a new key and label it “ActiveDesktop”.
- If you see “NoChangingWaIiPaper”, double-click the DWORD value and set it to “0”. Otherwise, you need to create a new DWORD value of “NoChangingWaIiPaper” and set it to “0”.
- Try changing your wallpaper. If this fix doesn’t solve the problem, you may also need to make the above registry changes at location:HKEY _CURRENT _USER\Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies .
Hope this helped you. Good Luck! :)