Here is a simple and easy trick on how to increase the speed of your hard disk/drive.
To speed up your hard disk speed we need to configure a special buffer in the computer’s memory in order to enable it to better deal with interrupts made from the disk.
This tip is only recommended if you have 256MB RAM or higher.
Follow these steps:
- Run SYSEDIT.EXE from the Run command.
- Expand the system.ini file window.
- Scroll down almost to the end of the file till you find a line called [386enh].
- Press Enter to make one blank line, and in that line type “Irq14=4096” (Quotation Marks not included). Note: This line IS CASE SENSITIVE!!!
- Click on the File menu, then choose Save.
- Close SYSEDIT and reboot your computer.
- Done. Speed improvement will be noticed after the computer reboots.
I’ve tried this already and it worked for me. I hope this trick works in your PC/Laptop too. Happy Tweaking!