Proofreading is the process of reading composed copy in order to identify and correct errors. It is a method wherein a person is focused on cleaning up any grammatical , typographical, formatting, spelling, usage, and punctuation errors before the manuscript is typeset. In this modern world where information can be easily created and accessed by other people through the internet, data precision and accuracy is highly important. To solve this issue, companies and other business establishments hire a data proofreader.
As a data proofreader, he/she is assigned to read through manuscripts and Web sites to for grammar and spelling errors. He/She will be proofreading the following items:
- Dissertations, Essays, Research Reports, Applications
- Novels, Short Stories, Screenplays, Scripts
- Books, Manuscripts,
- Proposals, Business Plans, Presentations
- Advertising Copy, Press Releases, Newsletters, Resumes
- Cover Letters, Dating Profiles, Personal Statements
- Website Text, Auto Responders, Forms and Letters
If a person have good grammar and spelling, this is a great opportunity. He/She can make very good money doing this type of work all in the comfort of his/her own home.
Payment ranges from $5-$100 per assignment for online and offline proofreading opportunities. Payment will vary depending whether the person work online or offline.
Possible Companies for Employment:
- AppleOne (Tustin, CA)
- AgentHRJobs (New York, NY)
- Volt Information Sciences (Tacoma, WA)
- Construction Data Company (Montevallo, AL)
- The United States Pharmacopeia (Rockville, MV)
- Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY)
- Grainger (Lake Forest, IL)
For more information about companies hiring data proofreaders, please visit this link: http://www.job-search-engine.com/keyword/data-proofreader